A regular 550-horsepower 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 not powerful enough for you? Thenmay we suggest you take alook at Shelby’s new Super Snake packages that offer 660-hp, 750-hp, and a whopping 800-hp. Yup, the post-title packagesareguaranteed to smoke more than a few sets of grippy rubber, and will definitely set you apart from the crowd.
For 2011, engineers included newer anthracite wheels, white stripes, side scoops, and of course, more power. A complete suspension retune also underpins the extremely powerful supercharged ponycar.
Developers extensively tested their parts on the drag strip and on the banks of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to ensure safety and durability.
If you’re interested, prepare to part with $30,245 for the middle 750 horsepower package (including installation, but not donor GT500). Only 1000 units total will be produced at Shelby’s Las Vegas headquarters or at its official shops, so you’d better act fast.
Shelby recently asked its fans what their next car should be. One idea being thrown around is a 1000 horsepower Mustang monster dubbed Project 2010-04a. Sounds neat, but if 800 horsepower enough, opting for this Super Snake package yields you:
- a Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
- a 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
- a Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger upgrade producing over 660 HP and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
- e ither a Shelby/Ford Racing or Shelby/Kenne Bell supercharger kit producing 750 HP with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges
- an optional Shelby/Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
- a Borla exhaust system
- an optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack
- Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in Durabright or anthracite finishes
- a short-throw shifter
- forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
- front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
- a unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
- Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
- “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
- “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
- an optional two tone leather interior
- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
Source: Shelby American