Hyundai will display “Velocity,” a factory-tuned Veloster Turbo concept at this year’s SEMA show. Velocity is a joint-project between Hyundai’s Southern Californian Design and Engineering teams, and is intended to up the ante on the standard Veloster Turbo’s performance and visual presence.
The rendering shows a flamboyant body kit and spoiler, hinting at the actual tuner car’s wild look. Hyundai says the concept will have the power to back up its race-inspired appearance thanks to engine modifications from Cosworth, including new engine internals, turbocharger, intercooler, and air intake system. The 1.6-liter engine is expected to produce 400 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. Bilstien dampers and springs work with Kumho tires wrapped around large 19-inch HRE wheels to increase cornering ability while four-piston Brembo brake calipers and two-piece rotors bring Velocity to a stop.
The wide-body kit stretches over the 9-inch wide wheels wrapped in 273/35/19-size rubber, while the rear valance and large wing add downforce at speed. Inside, a Katzkin custom interior, Sparco race accessories, a data acquisition system, and roll bar have been added.
Check out the full list of modifications below:
- Cosworth engine upgrades: Pistons
- Intake manifold
- Air intake system
- Fuel system
- Engine management system
- CPR Fabrication:
- Custom exhaust system
- Seat belts.
- Race-Keeper Video GPS data Acquisition System
- Katzkin custom suede leather interior:
- Raven and scarlet themed suede with red stitching
- CPR Integrated Roll Bar
- Velocity HATCI Design Body Kit:
- Front and rear braking airflow ducts
- Lift-reducing rear diffuser
- Integrated front splitter
- Aero side skirt lip
- Oversized rear wing spoiler
- #1 racing number design motif
- HRE P40 model 19 x 9.0” lightweight satin-charcoal wheels
- Brembo: 350x28mm two-piece Rotors and 4-Piston Calipers
- monotube dampers
- spring kit
- Kumho: Ecsta SPT 275/35R19 High Performance Summer Tires