Dodge may have only unwrapped the 2011 Charger R/T and 2011 Challenger SRT8 392 within the last few weeks, but it’s already planned a giant cross-country roadshow to promote its latest muscle machines.
The trip, which spans from Michigan to California, consists of 25 formal stops, along with 4000 miles of American highway. As planned, the tour will send both the Charger and Challenger everywhere from the heart of NASCAR country, to suburban SoCal, where they’ll be displayed at SMS Supercars’ corporate headquarters.
“The Dodge Charger and the Dodge Challenger are true American icons that have earned their place in automotive history and their legacy continues with the introduction of the all-new models for 2011,” said Ralph Gilles, president and CEO of Dodge. “The Dodge brand DNA is deeply rooted within automotive enthusiast clubs and local car shows where people gather to talk about cars, power, and performance — and nothing else. To bring the new 2011 Dodge Charger and Challenger 392 to these types of events is inherent to the brand’s history.”
Dodge’s cross-country tour starts this Sunday, November 14 at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills, Michigan, and concludes December 20 at SMS’ operations in Corona, California. Stops along the way include:
* Nov. 14 – Walter P. Chrysler Museum, Auburn Hills, Mich.
* Nov.15 – New Wilmington Motors, New Wilmington, Pa.
* Nov.16 – Ray Barton Racing Engines, Robesonia, Pa.
* Nov.17 – Empire Mopars, New Windsor, N.Y.
* Nov.18 – Security Dodge, Amityville, N.Y.
* Nov.20 – National Speed High Performance Speed Shop, Wilmington, N.C.
* Nov.21 – Landmark Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram, Morrow, Ga.
* Nov.22 – Wellborn Muscle Car Museum, Alexander City, Ala.
* Nov.24 – Jacksonville Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram, Jacksonville, Fla.
* Nov.25-28 – Daytona Turkey Run, Daytona Beach, Fla.
* Nov.29 – Airport Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, Orlando, Fla.
* Nov.30 – Crystal Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram, Inverness, Fla.
* Dec. 1 – Mr. Norm’s Garage, Hudson, Fla.
* Dec.2 – University Dodge, Davie, Fla.
* Dec.3 – Tower Shops Friday Night Cruise-In, Davie, Fla.
* Dec.4 – Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing, Ocala, Fla.
* Dec.6 – Bergeron Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Metairie, La.
* Dec.7 – Allen Samuels Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, Katy, Texas
* Dec.8 – Hennessey Performance, Sealy, Texas
* Dec.9 – Lincoln College of Technology, Grand Prairie, Texas
* Dec.11 – Texas Dodge, Amarillo, Texas
* Dec.12 – Sunset Grill and Bar, Albuquerque, N.M.
* Dec.14 – Tucson Dodge, Tucson, Ariz.
* Dec.15 – Bill Luke Dodge, Phoenix, Ariz.
* Dec.16 – Towbin Dodge, Henderson, Nev.
* Dec.17 – Bob’s Big Boy, Burbank, Calif.
* Dec.18 – Cars and Coffee, Irvine, Calif.
* Dec.20 – SMS Supercars, Corona, Calif.
To keep tabs on the cars as they complete their cross-country trek cheack out Red Letter Dodge — the brand’s official blog — or follow them via Facebook or Twitter.